I have made this little guide to give you a preview of how easy it is to request a custom gnome from Gnomes For Your Homes.
Custom gnomes are an important part of my business. I love making custom gnomes. They are an opportunity to put together a piece of art that someone else will love.
Here is the opportunity to participate in the creation of your very own special gnome in my unique style. I treat every custom gnome as my very own and because of that, please make sure that I can easily contact you through a messaging system or email. I send photographs of every step to make sure you are happy with your gnome.
Here’s why I love custom gnomes:
- Custom gnomes are creatively challenging and that’s why they bring out the best in my work.
- Custom gnomes allow me to communicate directly with my customers. I get to have little conversations and get to know them a little.
- Custom gnomes are never run of the mill. People usually have a theme or a person in mind. That gnome needs to capture that person and are therefore unique and individualistic. They cannot be copied.
I pride myself on communication and customer service. I require my customers to be constructively honest about how they feel about the gnomes I create for them. I want you to love your gnome.
I send updates and pictures throughout the process for critique and feedback.
I will always let you know the estimated length of time it will take to complete your creation.
Don’t be shy. Drop me a message to see what I can create for you.
How long does it take?
I work on each gnome individually. Because of the extra time gathering materials, communicating, and perfecting the gnome to your personal specs, a custom gnome can take 2-3 weeks. Another factor is the number of other gnomes being created at that time. Christmas can be particularly busy and I suggest starting early if you need a Christmas gnome.
I have three different listings for Custom Gnomes.
- Ornament– These gnome ornaments stand between 4-5 inches tall and around 3 inches at the base. They feature a string for hanging, and a small wood disk on the bottom so they can stand with your display.
- 6 inch– These gnomes stand between 6-7 inches, 4-5 inches at the base. They include a wooden disk on the bottom for free standing.
- 9 inch– These gnomes stand between 9-10 inches tall and around 6-7 inches at the base. They include a wooden disk on the bottom for free standing.
Information I need for your creation:
- Hair Colour or Colours. Choose between white or ginger. Let me know any other colour combinations. (I usually stock ruby red; bright light blue; black; bright green; olive green; bright orange; hot pink.)
- Colour theme and colour combinations. This is the area we will work on the most. The most helpful item I can get from you is a picture or a theme/colour palette (Pinterest is extremely helpful). However, a list of colours or themes also works.
The most common themes include:
- Hat brim style. Many times the style of the hat is formed by the gnome itself. The gnome chooses in other words. However, there is room for coaxing a hat style.
Examples of hat brim styles:
And that’s it.
Custom gnome listings can be found on my site.
You can also message me using Instagram, Facebook, email and my website.